Monday

Urban Exploration

Ever since reading a travelogue by a woman who took a ride through Chernobyl on a motorcycle, I've been fascinated by all the strange abandoned places people have forgotten about. Whole cities, castles, tunnel systems or amusement parks that people just left at one point or another and were reclaimed by nature. This website has photos of a lot of these places, a great deal of which (go figure) are in Russia. If I had the money and the time, I'd be exploring places like these... http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02/abandoned-places.html

3 comments:

Zosia (z•O•sha') said...

urban spelunking is awesome, isn't it?
if you go to this blog:http://www.pockettreasures.blogspot.com/
you can see some cool pics and a few more links to websites.

Ben Milton said...

Those are some great websites! Thanks for the link, Sophie!

Catherine_Creagan said...

It gets to the point where if I go here and see something I didn't post up top I panic for a split second.

Post a Comment