Sunday

as regards one of the previews below

What's up with the preview for The Dark is Rising? I finally got around to watching it, and then realized that I actually remembered that book and have the distinct impression that this movie is not about to capture the spirit of the book. I have memories of this series being cool because the books were creepy, not campy. I'm disappointed. On the other hand, it's hard to be depressed when you're listening to the Mamas and the Papas. All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey. I've been for a walk on a winter's day. CALIFORNIA DREAMIN' ON SUCH A WINTERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even like California, but the song makes me happy.

1 comments:

Ben Milton said...

The whole tone of the movie is not just campy, but kind of reminds me of that horrible Bridge to Terrebithia movie. The effects look cheesy, all the mystery and darkness that made the books so good is gone, and the casting is atrocious. Besides Will, what's up with Merry? And the Lady? Yeesh. I've been waiting since I was a kid for this movie to be made, and this is all they can squeeze out?

Post a Comment