Wednesday

Beyond the Gates

After seeing Hotel Rwanda I was pretty sure I didn't need or want to see another movie about Rwanda. Hotel Rwanda was hard enough to watch and, I felt, informative for people who like the UN.
We got Beyond the Gates from Netflix and I was fairly determined not to watch it; then my shallowness struck when I realized that Hugh Dancy was in it and I decided what the heck.

If it was harder to watch than Hotel Rwanda, it was also more thought provoking. It told the truly heroic story of a modern Catholic priest that I had never heard of, which is reason enough to see it. It also was about one hundred times harsher on the UN than Hotel Rwanda was, which is another huge mark in its favor. I don't think I want to see it again, but I would highly recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment