Monday

College woes

There are just too many e-mails in my inbox from crazed admissions directors pursuing my application. I can't stand it any longer....THEY'RE TOO MANY OF THEM! This isn't to say that I don't have my own personal mountain range of college brochures that have been snail mailed to me. But the deluge of e-mails really is frightening...I'm averaging about twenty a day. It's caused me to wonder if it helps them save on postage; but it can't, since all the same colleges have sent me the same standard letter by post as well. What are they hoping to accomplish? Drive me insane? Hoping that I'll visit because they were so annoying? The worst are the folks who e-mail weekly...."We noticed you hadn't replied to our first e-mail, so we want to make sure we're getting through to you" Usually if your correspondent fails to reply you should get the impression that said correspondent is uninterested. To add to this, the four colleges I actually am interested in have not seen fit to send either e-mail or brochure. I'm terribly vexed.

3 comments:

"Father Barry" said...

Are these "unwanted advances" a result of the SAT? What got you into the "chain-mail" pipeline in the first place?

Catherine_Creagan said...

'Twas a tragic result of the PSAT

"Father Barry" said...

How unfortunate. But look on the bright side: at least it's Lent now. You can offer it up.

Post a Comment