Tuesday

Go ahead...make my day.

So far my weekend viewing experience has been a little weighted on the Clint Eastwood side. Dirty Harry and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly to be exact. Harry has some amazing lines, I have to say, even though Eastwood apparently constantly asked the writers to pare his lines down since he stared at people better than he delivered lines. (His own words) But it's fun to go up to people and say "I know what you're thinking. You're asking yourself, 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' To tell you the truth, I've kind of lost track myself, in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and could blow your head clean off, the question you should be asking yourself is, 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"
Actually, I have yet to say that to anyone, but I think it would be a rewarding experience. And yes, I typed that quote out from memory.
He's even funnier as The Good (man with no name). "There are two kinds of people in this world...those with loaded guns, and those who dig." Unfortunately, I was watching it with philistines, so I was unable to enjoy it to its full two hours plus glory.
Dirty Harry reminds me strongly of Jack Bauer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment