Wednesday

officially a geek



...or a nerd. But I think being a nerd involves being good at math or science, which I'm not. There's nothing intelligent about wathcing seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but done it I have. Relentlessly, doggedly, watched every last episode they had to offer. Granted, I have become more learned in areas in which most normal people have not the slightest interest. I can tell a Kardassian (ha! at least I can't spell it!) from a Ferengi (probably misspelled that one too!) with consumate ease, a feat I cannot claim even a year ago. Ah, well. It got a little tedious toward the end of the last season (although the series finale was entertaining enough) but I made it. I don't know if I qualify as a Trekker, though, even if I do know Riker's middle name. Something about the way I tended to shake with unbidden laughter at the tragic or dramatic moments tells me that I might be shunned in their ranks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment