Friday

Jews

Personally, I love them. Unfortunately, anti-Semitism has been with us from the beginning, and shows no signs of departing. I used to wonder why this was...after all, what's not to love about God's favorite people, who just happen to be brilliant and efficient? The answer appears to me to be nothing more than a deep seeded jealousy on most sides. After all, you just can't get around the fact that God chose one race, and, well, it wasn't the Aryans. It is true that Jews can be blockheaded troublemakers and revolutionaries, but as far as I can tell that only happens when they lose their faith. Sure Karl Marx was a son of Abraham, but he was also an atheist. Aha. As for me, I can live with the fact that God didn't choose my ancestors to be his particular people. I also happen to be a huge fan of Israel's. This may be my Irish-lost-cause-blood coming out in me; I tend to side (within reason) with the folks everyone else is picking on. The fact that Jews have been persecuted up one side and down the other for centuries draws me to them; and the fact that the main stream media is constantly getting on Israel's case without any balance induces me to take their side more often than not. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Zosia (z•O•sha') said...

Hey, for anyone who's interested, there's a great film called Ushpizin about a Jewish couple. I definitely recommend it.

Catherine_Creagan said...

Because I recommended it to you!!!

Post a Comment